Talent Management and Development
According to a year long study conducted by a team from McKinsey & Co.:
“The most important corporate resource over the next 20 years will be talent: smart, sophisticated business people who are technologically literate, globally astute, and operationally agile. And even as the demand for talent goes up, the supply of it will be going down.”
~ Fast Company, “The War for Talent”
The Rationale For Talent Management
It’s good for:
- Our Leaders – It provides a structured process to gather development data so that leaders in critical positions in the organization can continue to develop and grow. Creating development opportunities for key employees is one of the top three drivers of employee engagement and successful leadership retention.
- Our Company – Development data on incumbents can be aggregated into individual talent profiles that can be used in critical leadership promotion and talent management discussions – using data to “get the right people on the right place on the bus” – Jim Collins “Good to Great”
Our best practice process will include four phases:
- Scope and competency development
- Self-awareness through 360-development feedback
- Individual talent profiles on incumbents in critical leadership positions
- Leadership development action planning
For a free white paper detailing our view on talent development and management, contact us today.